AGES: 14 years +
MEETS: Thursday evenings 6pm-8pm
GROUP LEADER: Nathalie Gunn
‘Leading Lights’ is a focused teaching group which provides a dramatic arts challenge for selected gifted students that includes access to industry professionals, training and advice in order to heighten their career prospects and the opportunity to work towards completion of their Gold Arts Award; a nationally recognised qualification.
Sessions focus on preparing members for a higher standard of performance; perfecting and honing skills within all three performing arts disciplines.
Membership of Leading Lights opens up possibilities such as International Travel.
- Verona 2014
- Verona 2015
- Caen International Festival 2013
- Caen International Festival 2014
- Workshop with Papillon Noir 2015
Participation in the National Theatre Connections Festival...
- Hospital Food (2015) at the Kings Theatre and Salisbury Playhouse
- Blackout (2016) at the Kings Theatre and Lighthouse, Poole
Access to industry professionals
- Max Lewendel Masterclasses
Involvement with exciting external projects
- La Traviata
- Cinderella promotional filming
“Being a member of the Leading Lights is such an exciting prospect; the opportunity to travel internationally to countries such as Italy and France to perform and link with other youth theatre’s, to produce and perform brand new, cutting edge stage works as well as benefitting from training by industry professionals such a Manic Stage Productions and Icarus Theatre Collective.”
- Doomed Youth as inspired by Wilfred Owen @ Kings Theatre Open Day – January 2014
- Oh What A Lovely War @ Kings Theatre – 18th -19th July 2014
- Children in Need – 9th November 2014
- Caen International Festival –November 2013 & 2014
- NT Connections: Hospital Food @ Kings Theatre (February) & Salisbury Playhouse (May)
- NT Connections 500: Blackout—Kings Theatre (February) & Lighthouse, Poole (April)