Are you aged between 4-17 years old and want to get on stage? Then why not join the Kings Youth Theatre!
- Explore the performing arts through games, character improvisation, script work and performance.
- Improve your performance skills; movement, character and voice
- Build confidence and allow your imagination in a safe and creative environment.
Managed by Nathalie Gunn and her team, fun-packed Saturday classes (term-time only) are specifically tailored to each age group, exploring the performing arts through games, character improvisation, script work and performance. As well as weekly classes, we aim to offer performance opportunities throughout the year in a number of venues around Portsmouth including on stage here at the Kings Theatre. Every summer we produce a large scale musical involving the whole of the youth theatre, to round off our year of teaching. Each year, our standards soar.
Launched in April 2010, with just a handful of students, word has spread and the youth theatre has now grown and expanded into the 5 teaching groups that we have now offering something for everybody.
- Act 1 Beginners(4-7yrs) Tuesday Afternoons 4:15pm - 5:15pm (Mountbatten Centre)
- Theatre Bugs(7-10yrs) Saturday mornings 10am-12pm
- Bright Stars(10-13yrs) Saturday afternoons 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Spotlights(13-17yrs) Saturday afternoon 3pm-5pm
- Leading Lights(14+) Thursday evening 6pm-8pm – By Audition and Invitation Only.
“Kings Youth Theatre took to the stage in their production of Lionel Bart’s musical, Oliver! Proving once more that Portsmouth has young talent to be proud of.”