6 months of Free workshops here at The Kings Theatre with Janet Ayers every Tuesday morning. Join our new group which focuses on the many ways to tell and share stories through music, art and drama.
We are also delivering free workshops to local day centres, community centres, libraries and care homes. If your organisation is interested in a free Creative minds workshop please give Rachel a call on 023 92 852218. To read more about our creative minds launch click here.
Wednesday 4th April
This is a celebration day to start our “Creative Minds” project.
10am-10.30 Opening talk by Remind, Sarita Chavda and the Dementia Action Alliance, DDA in Number 28
Meeting up by local organisation and a cuppa before the film.
10.30 -11.45 “Singalong a Wizard of Oz” Film Fun for Everyone!
12pm -1pm Buffet Break in No 28
1-2pm Theatre Innovation group
2-3pm Janet Ayers “Creative Minds” Project
3-4pm become a Dementia Friend with the Alzheimer’s Society
Dementia Action Week
- Monday 21st May 2-4 pm
- Messy Vintage Play - Portsmouth Cathedral visit the Kings Theatre for this unique session.
- Tuesday 22nd May 10.30-12.30
- Creative Minds - Musical Storytelling Workshop with Janet Ayers
- Thursday 24th May 2-4pm
- Singing in the Rain - Kings Theatre, Portsmouth Film Society and PCCs Adult services join forces for a dementia friendly film! £5 carer free
- Friday 25th May 11-12 pm
- Singing for the Brain - A lovely session at the Kings Theatre held by the Alzheimer’s Society
- Friday 22nd June 2-3pm
- Break Free@Festivities - A multi-sensory, mimed performance piece. £5.00 carer free (The Kings Theatre No 28)